Author, ‘Distant God: Why He Feels Far Away … and What We Can Do About It’
- Dynamic, fresh, young voice
- Personable, conversational. Personality and perspective that younger listeners easily relate to, but that also commands the respect of an older, more mature demographic
- Flexible, readily available
- Particular depth of knowledge re: young adult ministry, faith of millennial generation
- Young adult ministry / millennials
Chris’s Latest Book
Distant God is a biblical and pastoral answer to why God might feel far away and what we can (and cannot) do about it.
There comes a time in every Christian’s life when God feels distant. This feeling can be confusing, discouraging, or even dangerous. Distant God meets us in the middle of this struggle. It helps us think rightly about what we’re experiencing and gives practical ways for drawing near to God. It answers questions like:
- What does it mean that God is always with me?
- What role do works (like devotion, confession, and repentance) have in all this?
- How should I handle spiritual lows and seasons of doubt?
When we feel distant from God, we need voices of truth speaking into our lives. Drawing from the story of the prodigal son, Chris Nye takes us through various reasons why we may feel this way and offers encouragement along the way. This is not a book of trite answers or easy solutions, but it offers specific ways of drawing near when God feels distant. It also includes stories of Christians throughout history who have faced this issue in similar ways.
Why is this relevant right now?
- Millions of believers struggling in their faith, feeling as if God isn’t near, as culture grows increasingly secular, hostile to Christianity, questions its authority
- Millennials moving away from the church in unprecedented numbers, failing to cultivate intimate relationships with a God they don’t feel close to, can’t relate with
- American Christians are lost in their busyness. God has become a box to check and an intimate relationship with Him has been on the backburner for many.