New York Times Bestselling Author & Historian
Co-author of U-Turn: Restoring America to the Strength of Its Roots
Founder of Wall Builders
- One of the nation’s foremost authorities on America’s founding, early history
- Extraordinary amount of media experience across multiple platforms, national outlets
- Described by a national news organization as “America’s historian”
- Named by Time Magazine as “One of America’s 25 Most Influential Evangelicals”
- Speaks 500+ times per year – boasts loyal fans/readers from coast to coast and can drive online traffic, viewers, listeners
- Personable, honest and authoritative voice who is not out to simply sell books, but is passionate about a message
- Possesses one of the largest collections of original Founding Era documents (100,000+) in existence
- New book supported by extensive and exclusive research, commissioned by nationally-reno
wned pollster George Barna
- Has penned multiple best-selling books and written for dozens of national outlets.
Barton is also the author of numerous best-selling books, with the subjects being drawn largely from his massive library of tens of thousands of original writings from America’s founding era.
His exhaustive research has rendered him an expert in historical and constitutional issues and he serves as a consultant to state and federal legislators, has participated in several cases at the Supreme Court, was involved in the development of the History/Social Studies standards for states such as Texas and California, and has helped produce history textbooks now used in schools across the nation.
Barton has received numerous national and international awards, including Who’s Who in Education, DAR’s Medal of Honor, and the George Washington Honor Medal from the Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge. His work in media has merited several Angel Awards, Telly Awards, and the Dove Foundation Seal of Approval.
- Early American history, the U.S. Constitution and founding documents
- America’s religious founding, heritage
- Intersection of public policy and religious faith
- Government, politics
- American culture, faith, government, family
The United States became a unique, prosperous, and admired nation because of its faith in God and the willingness of the people to abide by God’s standards and principles. Over time, however, the people’s urge to glorify self rather than God has seriously eroded the strength and potential of the nation.
U-Turn examines current cultural trends and historical patterns to reveal that America cannot sustain its strength if it remains on its current path. Combining massive amounts of exclusive, commissioned research (Barton teamed with co-author George Barna on the project) with the authors’ trademark insight and analysis, the book gives readers a unique view of the moral and spiritual condition of Americans and provides specific insights into how we can turn our nation around by focusing on:
- The restoration of the family
- The restoration of the Christian church
- The future activity of our government
Release Date: October 21, 2014
Product Dimensions: 9.2 x 6.4 x 1.1 inches