New York Times bestselling author
Founder, The Barna Group
Executive Director of the American Culture and Faith Institute
- Founder of The Barna Group, one of the world’s leading research groups and authorities on issues of culture and faith
- Author or co-author of over 50 books
- Has sold more books based on survey research related to matters of faith than any author in American history
- Speaks at conferences worldwide
- Has taught at multiple universities and seminaries
- Pastoral experience
- Decades of experience across multiple media platforms
- Graduated summa cum laude from Boston College with a Bachelor’s degree in sociology (along with a minor or secondary focus in religion), and holds two master’s degrees from Rutgers University and a doctorate from Dallas Baptist University.
He currently serves as the Executive Director of the American Culture and Faith Institute (a division of United in Purpose) and is President of Metaformation, a faith development organization.
He has written more than 50 books (including multiple New York Times bestsellers), with the majority addressing cultural trends, leadership, spiritual development and church dynamics. His works have been translated into more than a dozen foreign languages and he has sold more books based on survey research related to matters of faith than any author in American history.
His work is frequently cited as an authoritative source by the media. Barna has been hailed as “the most quoted person in the Christian church today” and has been named by various media as one of the nation’s most influential Christian leaders.
- Contemporary Christian issues, worldviews, trends
- Market research re: faith, culture in America
- Ministry, church leadership
- Spiritual development
- Politics (particularly the activities of the politically conservative and spiritually active in America)
George’s Latest Book
The United States became a unique, prosperous, and admired nation because of its faith in God and the willingness of the people to abide by God’s standards and principles. Over time, however, the people’s urge to glorify self rather than God has seriously eroded the strength and potential of the nation.
U-Turn examines current cultural trends and historical patterns to reveal that America cannot sustain its strength if it remains on its current path. Combining massive amounts of exclusive, commissioned research (Barton teamed with co-author George Barna on the project) with the authors’ trademark insight and analysis, the book gives readers a unique view of the moral and spiritual condition of Americans and provides specific insights into how we can turn our nation around by focusing on:
- The restoration of the family
- The restoration of the Christian church
- The future activity of our government
Release Date: October 21, 2014
Product Dimensions: 9.2 x 6.4 x 1.1 inches